Things to do when in York
We have lived in York all our lives and are so happy that we can finally share some of our favourite things to do in this beautiful city.
From the cities rich history to its vibrant nightlife, you can never be short of things to do in York.
Must Visit Restaurants
Whether you are having a quick pit stop for lunch or wining and dining in the evening York have many fabulous restaurants to offer.
From Italian to Steak you’re spoilt for choice, here are a number of our personal favourites and we hope you love them just as much as we do!
- The Cut and Craft – for the perfect steak ( I highly recommend the truffle and Parmesan fries on the side!)
- Delrios – If you’re a pasta and pizza lover then this ones for you. Served in a cellar restaurant (perfect for date night!)
- Happy Valley
- Trio Mezze Tapas Bar
- Fancy Hanks
Independant Coffee Shops
Lets talk about the most important part of the day… Caffeine.
Here in York you have almost too much choice when it comes to the best coffee shops.
But.. here are some of our favourites.
- La Botega – If you are ready to step into Italy whilst being able to see The York Minster then you need to visit La Botega.
- Spring Espresso –
- Coffee Culture
- Lucky Days
- Brew and Brownie
- Plush Cafe
Gin O’ Clock
Looking for somewhere lively? Or maybe just somewhere quiet that you can just unwind with a glass (bottle) of wine?
- Lucia Wine Bar ( good for an evening with the girls or guys)
- The Biltmore ( perfect to finish off date night)
- Pairings Wine Bar
- Fossgate Social
- Bora Bora ( Pitcher! Pitcher! Pitcher!)
- Bobo Lobos ( the best day drinking spot)
- Thirteen Thirty One
Fun with the kids
- National Railway Museum
- Monk Park Farm Visitor Centre
- The Web Adventure Park
- Jorvik Viking Centre
- York Chocolate Story
- Castle Museum
- Light Water Valley
- Rowntree Park
- York Maze
- Brimham Rocks